Sunday 20 October 2013

Flat Plan| Front Cover


Front Cover:

Colour Usage: The colours that I have decided to use on the front cover of my magazine are bright and vibrant colours. As my magazine is aimed at girls of a younger age, I want to use a range of colours from pink to red tones and purples. These colours are very feminine and will attract the target audience. Although looking at the results from my questionnaire and seeing that the main colours people chose were ones like red and blue etc, I have decided to go against this as I don't think these would appeal to my target audience. I also plan on using colours like white and black for things like the price of the magazine and the issue date. The colours I have gone for are still very bright and will be eye-catching for the reader, I plan on using different shades of pink and purple rather than focusing on one solid shade of each colour.

Image Usage: After thinking about what my main image wanted to be like for my front cover, I decided that I would go with having a female artist as the main model. With my target audience being aimed at young teens, I have decided that I would dress the model in clothes from the high street, more than likely clothes from Topshop. This will help to bring in the audience as young girls will want to look like their favourite artists and will want to achieve the celebrity look. I am undecided on wether I want to include some free magazines on the footer of the magazines as a kind of prop. The hair of my model will be down either curled or straightened and the makeup will be quite girly. I want quite a natural base with either a nude or bold lip. It is also important to me that the main image is of a good quality and doesn't come across as being pixelated or blurry.

Text Usage: The narrative of the text will come across as informal to the reader, but will still be very friendly so it appeals to the target audience. As my magazine is aimed at young teens, the best thing to use is informal language as they wont be interested in big chunks of writing with words they may not understand. I am planning on putting small quotes from the cover model onto the front cover which again will be informal so it appeals more to the reader.

Layout and Font: I have decided that I want my masthead to be in a basic font but written bold as this will help to grab the readers attention. By having the masthead at the top of the front cover, it will help the reader to see the name of the magazine. I want the sell lines to be at either side of the image of my model as it makes it more clear and easier to read. The main image itself will be a mid shot so it isn't too close to the model and will allow you to focus more on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment