Sunday 20 October 2013

Flat Plan| Double Page Spread

Double Page Spread

Colour Usage: As the interview is about the model on my front cover, I am going to again stick with the girly colours as my model is a female artist. However, I am only going to the colours that will contrast well with the outfit my model, this will help to bring the whole article together and will make it more appealing. I am  also planning on separating the questions from the answers in the interview so it makes it easier for the reader to understand and read. I am going to use the colour black for the answers of the interview but then use pink/purple colours for the questions. I will keep the background of the spread white so it compliments the main image and text.

Image Usage: I am only going to use one image on this page as I plan on making it take up the page without the text/interview. I am undecided on wether I want the image to be a mid shot or a long shot, depending on how the model is going to pose. If the main image is going to be a mid shot, then it will be because the makeup look is quite heavy and full coverage rather than quite natural. However, if I decide on making the main image a long shot, I want it to focus on the models outfit so that the audience can see the full look rather than just some items of clothing.

Text Usage: Just like my Front Cover and Contents Page, the narrative voice will continue to be informal. As my double page spread is going to be a interview, I want the conversation to flow naturally and not come across as actually being set up in the style of a typical interview.

Layout and Font: The layout will proceed to be well presented and organised so it looks more appealing to the reader. As my audience is aimed at young teens, I want to keep the magazine fun and not full of text to keep them interested. The layout of the interview will be written in columns just like how any other interview would be written in a magazine. I want to keep the fonts very simple for the text in the interview but plan on using a bold font for the title of the magazine. I am uncertain on wether I want to put the caption of the article on a slant to make it look more witty and enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. You have really considered layout and design of your product across these three flat plans Lexi. Good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete